Politics & Government Outreach Associate, State
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced associate to help expand and develop the Politics & Government Outreach program across the United States. The candidate will liaise with state and local government officials, government organizations, campaigns, and political organizations on building out their presences on Facebook through best practices and understanding new tools. They will help officials, campaigns, and civic organizations better connect with citizens, and join the ongoing dialogues about key public policy issues that are taking place on our services every day.
Candidates should have a strong background in government, politics and civil society engagement. And they should be skilled at developing multi-level strategies and executing multiple projects. Candidates should also have excellent communications skills to represent Facebook with external partners, and to develop presentations and materials.
The role will be based in Washington, DC but with domestic travel expected. Consistent cross-functional collaboration with a variety of teams - including policy, operations, and communications - is required.
- Develop and execute robust programs which train, advise, and support people in campaigns, government, and civil society organizations
- Manage key ongoing projects including outreach, relationship building, planning and coordination for events and activations
- Represent Facebook at trainings, workshops, and seminars for politicians, civil society and government officials
- Field operational requests and queries from partners
- Work closely with a variety of teams to understand their priorities and develop custom projects
- Assist with helping partners understand major product announcements or new features
- Serve as a spokesperson for Facebook
- Bachelor degree
- 3+ years experience with civic engagement, government, and politics, with a focus on creating digital content, leading communications or digital initiatives, and building partnerships in the government or political space
- Project management experience leading and handling cross-functional projects on deadline
- Communication and presentation experience
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about issues and offering recommendations and plans of action
- Experience using Facebook in a professional communications setting
- Interest in understanding how the political world intersects with technology and online communications platforms
- Fast learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top