Politics & Government Outreach Associate, Policy Solutions (APAC)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Policy Solutions Associate to join our Politics & Government Policy team. This team is an external-facing arm of Facebook that helps to manage the company's strategy on elections. They also work with the worldâ€™s governments and politicians on how to best use Facebook to connect with their constituents. This role is on our internal-facing team that makes the Facebook family of apps work for the Politics & Government Policy team and its partners by coordinating operations, products, outreach campaigns, and data insights. This is a full-time role with a focus on Asia Pacific and South Asia. No two days are the same in this role, which requires fast, clear communication with cross-functional internal teams to maintain the highest levels of customer support for government officials, politicians, and advocacy groups. An understanding of comparative politics, project management, and online operations will be key to finding solutions that fit the unique needs of our partners in Asia Pacific and South Asia.
- Become an expert in the support experience for government officials, politicians, and advocacy groups on Facebook and Instagram.
- Coordinate with teams across the company to align internal processes to ensure top quality support for internal and external stakeholders. Improve systems with feedback and recommendations.
- Take the lead for elections-related scaled products, such as email campaigns and in-product announcements related to account security.
- Run basic SQL queries to support team operations and manage data visualization.
- Attend outreach events to provide in-person support to politicians, government officials, and advocacy groups
- Research and organize lists of Facebook and Instagram accounts belonging to governments, politicians, and political parties across global markets, ensuring that the lists include only authentic accounts.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience in online operations, communications, customer service, advertising, or political campaigns
- Deep understanding of the political landscape in Asia Pacific and South Asia, especially related to international politics, political parties, and political systems.
- Passionate about providing world-class support experiences for government officials, politicians, and advocacy groups on the Facebook family of apps
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability offer customer support over email and live at events
- Experience working on a team while juggling responsibilities on behalf of multiple partners
- Experience working independently and remotely from colleagues with a track record of taking initiative in uncertain, dynamic environments
- Ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Ability to develop and organize large data sets on Excel spreadsheets with high attention to detail.
- Intermediate fluency in Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malayu, Mandarin, and/or Hindi. Written fluency more important than verbal fluency.
- 1+ years of experience in politics is strongly preferred
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages a distinct advantage
Back to top