Politics and Government Outreach Manager, EMEA
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced manager to help expand and develop the Politics & Government Program across the Europe, Middle East & Africa region. The Facebook Politics & Government Program's objective is to liaise with politicians, government officials, public administrations, diplomats, and civil society leaders on building out their presences on Facebook through best practices and understanding new tools. It aims to help government and political officials to better connect with citizens and to join the local, national, regional, and global dialogues about key public policy issues that are taking place on our services every day.
Candidates should have a strong background in government, politics and international relations. They should also be skilled at developing multi-level strategies and executing multiple projects. Candidates should have excellent communications skills to represent Facebook with external partners, strong writing skills to develop presentations and materials, and analytical skills to understand how best we can best deploy the Politics & Government Program in the region. Candidates must also have a willingness to learn Facebook's policies on operational and structural issues as they apply to Facebook products, features, and services. Most important for this role is a deep appreciation and understanding of Facebook's vision to make the world more open and connected at the critical juncture of citizen meeting political and public administration leadership.
The role will be based in London, with the primary markets being U.K. and Ireland, but should expect some travel across the across the region. Significant cross-functional collaboration with the media, sales, operations, and communications teams is required. The role will report directly to Facebook's London-based Head of EMEA Politics and Government Outreach.
- Develop and execute robust programs which train, advise, and liaise with politicians, government officials, and civil society across a variety of constituents in the U.K. and Ireland
- Manage key ongoing projects run by the Politics & Government Program, including outreach, planning and coordination for elections
- Field operational requests and queries from constituents
- Work closely with Facebook's public policy teams across the region as well as the sales, media, and communications teams to understand their priorities and develop custom projects
- Develop a comprehensive suite of materials (presentations, one-pagers, case studies) for use with constituents on all levels of government
- Represent Facebook at trainings, workshops, and seminars for politicians and government officials in various markets throughout the region
- Assist with helping constituents understand major product announcements or new features
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Proven level of related experience (5+ years experience recommended)
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Interest in understanding how the political world intersects with technology and online communications platforms
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top