Politics and Government Outreach, Associate Manager
Careers at Instagram
A Facebook Company
Over 600 million people use Instagram, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to strengthen relationships through shared experiences. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is seeking an experienced leader to manage and execute relationships with governments, politicians and political influencers on how to best use the platform and understand its community.
This role will serve as one of Instagram’s liaisons working with political public figures and their teams, focusing on connecting influencers to the global community in innovative ways. It will also be responsible for building projects and partnerships which reinforce Instagram’s role in civic and cultural moments around the globe.
The government and politics policy team is an external arm of Facebook Inc and works with the world’s governments and politicians on how to best use Facebook and Instagram to connect with their constituents.
- Manage implementation and optimization of trainings on how to use Instagram for governments and politicians.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to build high-impact programs to showcase the Instagram’s value to policy makers in key global markets.
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop innovative and high-impact integrations and partnerships for Instagram within major global civic moments.
- Design projects and events to showcase the strength of the Instagram Community in the context of specific policy portfolios such as culture, tourism and small business.
- Build and create scalable resources to help colleagues deliver advice and trainings on how to use Instagram for government and politics as well as best practices.
- Be an internal advocate within FB Inc. for partners, including with product teams.
- Work with governments bodies in key markets to help foster effective use of Instagram and drive value for their respective goals.
- Build and execute processes to track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and trends as they relate to Instagram use amongst governments and politicians.
- BA/BS degree
- 5 plus years work experience, with focus on building and implementing digital strategy and partnerships in the political space such as on campaigns, political committees, media organizations or political organizations.
- Project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects on deadline.
- Communication and presentation skills, and the ability to serve as a spokesperson for Instagram.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to recommendations and action plans.
- Ability to work with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated experience in working on French, Spanish, Portuguese.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top