Policy Research Manager, Global
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a research team in a university or highly-regarded research institution. They will have a mastery of quantitative analysis and deep knowledge of a relevant core discipline, such as economics, political science, public policy, social psychology, or sociology. They will be capable of commissioning new studies where there are gaps in our understanding of an important question, as well as drawing insights from existing literature and translating those insights for executives, product managers, and policy makers. This person will be passionate about the intersection of technology and society.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Define a research agenda to gain insights on the most important issues related to the relationship between social media and society
- Develop models for responsibly sharing data with the academic community
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on a research agenda, which will engage the company's data science, product research, and policy and communications teams
- Develop partnerships with academic institutions and civil society around the world
- Produce qualitative and quantitative research, develop policy positions, and contribute to public dialogue on these issues
- Publish journal articles, white papers, and short form articles
- Share research insights to inform the development of new programs and policies
- PhD in a social science discipline or law
- Knowledge in causal inference, quantitative methods, and survey design
- 10+ years of academic, industry, or consulting experience
- Experience communicating and describing technical research to nontechnical audiences and press
- Knowledge of social science literature with experience translating research into policy arguments
- Knowledge in SQL and R and/or Python
- Experience building and leading research teams
- Strong track record of peer-reviewed publications
- Expert in translating abstract policy challenges into tractable research questions
- Ability to build innovative partnerships across academia, the social sector, and industry
- Proven ability to produce deliverables in an extremely fast-paced environment
Back to top