Policy Programs Manager, Sri Lanka
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Policy Programs Manager in Sri Lanka to build partnerships and policy programs that demonstrate the value of Facebook's platform to policy makers and other audiences.
We are looking for candidates who can build partnerships with strategic constituents and deliver high impact programs in Sri Lanka. You should have a clear understanding of the policy challenges, Facebook faces and ambitious and creative ideas about how to address them. You must have the ability to rally colleagues from across the company to scale, run & measure programs and investments. You should be highly organized and impact oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting Facebook in Sri Lanka and localize policy programs and proactive strategies to help address these issues
- Work in partnership with global programs team on the strategy for building relationships with policy makers, civil society and academics
- Work with political bodies, policymakers and non-governmental organizations for developing high impact policy programs
- Build & manage meaningful partnerships with key organizations
- Represent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders
- Collaborate and ensure consistency in approach to Facebook's policy issues around the globe
- Coordinate internal and external players across time zones, keeping all informed of progress and deadlines
- 10+ years of experience in planning and executing public policy programs
- Experience with analytical and creative approach to policy issues, as well as cross functional team player
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
- Interest in technology and related policy issues
- Passion for Facebook and its mission to make the world more open and connected
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Significant travel required
Back to top