Policy Programs Manager, Politics, Government and Civic Engagement
Instagram is a global community of more than 1 billion, which means jobs here offer countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Instagram was built to connect people to the people and interests they love. Our app has played a critical part in forming meaningful communities where people can connect with each other and share what matters most to them.
Instagram is looking for an energetic, creative, team-oriented addition to its public policy team. The ideal candidate will have both a passion for Instagram and a strong willingness to understand Instagram's approach to public policy, as well as how those initiatives fit within the larger Facebook company. The Policy Programs Manager will serve as a key member of the team working on civic engagement and how policy stakeholders, including NGOs, governments, and policymakers, can best use the platform.
A successful candidate will have the skills and experience to build substantive programs, and also provide support to NGOs, government and political stakeholders. The ideal candidate is both an army-of-one and a valuable team player depending on the day â€" they will deliver results within a rapidly moving company and is willing to do anything required, large or small, to get a job done. Candidates should have experience working within or with policy audiences and a deep understanding of political landscapes globally. They should be creative, resourceful, passionate and a team player.
- Develop innovative and high-impact integrations and partnerships for Instagram within major global civic movements through extensive collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Lead strategic relationships with government and political figures at the national and regional level, and be a point person who helps them succeed on the platform, and assists with understanding major product announcements and features.
- Optimize and deliver trainings for political candidates, elected and government officials on Instagramâ€™s features and tools.
- Guide and support governments bodies who want to use Instagram effectively and drive value for their respective goals.
- Build and create scalable resources to help colleagues deliver advice and trainings on how to use Instagram for government and politics as well as best practices.
- Build and manage processes to track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and trends as they relate to Instagram use amongst governments and politicians.
- Be a resource for and collaborate extensively with colleagues in policy, sales, communications, product, partnerships, and others that work on initiatives or features that impact politics or government.
- Develop Instagramâ€™s presence at major policy moments related to elections including but not limited to conventions, party conferences, NGO summits and major conferences.
- Design programs and events that demonstrate the value that Instagram creates in specific sectors such as culture, tourism and the economy.
- Work with internal cross-functional teams to design integrations into existing high-impact programs that demonstrate the value Instagram brings to society and the economy.
- Able to travel 30% of the time.
- 5+ years work experience in politics, government, or NGOs with a focus on building and implementing digital strategy and partnerships
- Project management experience, with experience leading and handling multiple cross-functional projects on deadline
- Communication and presentation experience
- Experience thinking strategically about issues, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Experience working with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Business proficiency in French, German, or Japanese
Back to top