Policy Programs Manager, MENA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Policy Programs Manager to be responsible for Public Policy Programs across the Middle East & North Africa. The Policy Programs Manager will combine a passion for technology's potential to create opportunity and to make the Middle East & North Africa more open and connected, with deep knowledge of the political and regulatory dynamics across the region. We are looking for candidates who can build partnerships with strategic constituents and deliver high impact programs across MENA. You should have a clear understanding of the policy challenges Facebook faces and ambitious and creative ideas about how to address them. You must have the ability to rally colleagues from across the company to scale, run & measure programs and investments. You should be highly organized and impact oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
This position reports to the Head of the Public Policy for the Middle East and North Africa and is full time and based at our Dubai office.
- In coordination with the sub-regional public policy managers, focus on supporting programs, and developing joint initiatives with internal and external stakeholders including governments, NGOs, academia, industry associations, technology companies or other relevant organizations
- Undertake research for new programs, including identification of topics, themes, and partners, as well as budget planning and logistics.
- Align program initiatives with regional public policy priorities.
- Drive ideation, creation and production of events, program elements and collateral materials across the full range of subject areas and priorities.
- Develop and support, with other policy managers on the team, the execution of an outreach strategy, through the creation of meaningful programs.
- Support the MENA Public Policy team in any way necessary
- Passion for our mission, our community and our values
- Experience with analytical and creative approach to policy issues.
- 8+ years of experience in planning and executing public policy programs
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment, consensus building and strong collaboration skills
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do any task required to get the job done
- Experience in the Internet technology industry a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the region
- Fluency in Arabic and English essential - additional languages is a distinct advantage (in particular: French)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top