Policy Programs Manager, LATAM
(Mexico City, Mexico)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
This role will lead our Policy Program work in Spanish Speaking Latin America. As part of Facebook's Global Public Policy organization, the Programs team is responsible for demonstrating the value of our platform to policy makers and key influencers across Latin America. This includes programs across a range of content and product areas such as Social Good, Content Policies, Small Business, Privacy and Security. We are looking for candidates with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple fast-moving, and high-priority projects simultaneously. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join our growing global public policy team and work on dynamic programs in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is full time and based at our Mexico City Office.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting Internet.org across key Internet.org countries in Latin America
- Work in partnership with local Public Policy team on the strategy for building relationships with policy makers, civil society and academics for connectivity initiatives
- Articulate our policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal
- Advise Internet.org teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Work with political bodies, policymakers and non-governmental organizations on technology policy issues
- Represent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders
- Collaborate and ensure consistency in approach to Internet.org policy issues across the region
- Build coalitions with other organizations to advance policy goals of internet.org
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 5+ years of public policy experience on the technology market
- 5+ years working with Latin American political systems and institutions as well as policy, politics and communications
- Experience with analytical and creative approach to policy issues, as well as cross functional team player
- Interest in technology and related policy issues
- Willingness to travel
- Passion for Facebook and its mission to make the world more open and connected
- Bachelor degree required, Master is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish – Required.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top