Policy Programs Manager, India and SA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Policy Programs Manager to build partnerships and policy programs that demonstrate the value of Facebook's platform to policy makers and other audiences. We are looking for a candidate who has a background in gender issues, project management and can build partnerships with strategic constituents and deliver high impact programs across India & South Asia. You should have a clear understanding of the policy challenges Facebook faces and ambitious and creative ideas about how to address them. You must have the ability to rally colleagues from across the company to scale, run & measure programs and investments.
You should be highly organized and impact orientated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. This position is full time and based at our New Delhi Office.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting Facebook in India & South Asia and identify proactive strategies
- Work in partnership with global programs team on the strategy for building relationships with policy makers, civil society and academics
- Work with political bodies, policymakers and non-governmental organizations on technology policy issues
- Build & manage meaningful partnerships with key organizations
- Represent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders
- Collaborate and ensure consistency in approach to Facebook's policy issues
- Coordinate internal and external players across countries and time zones, keeping all informed of progress and deadlines
- 8+ years of experience in planning and executing public policy programs
- Experience working on gender, women and child and human rights issues Experience with analytical and creative approach to policy issues, as well as cross functional team player
- Experience working with Government bodies Ability to drive and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
- Interest in technology and related policy issues
- Passion for Facebook and its mission to make the world more open and connected
- Excellent communications skills
- Significant travel required
Back to top