Policy Programs Manager, EMEA
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Policy Programs Manager to lead and build partnerships that demonstrate the value of Facebook's platform to advance economic growth and social good. As part of Facebook's Global Public Policy organization, the Programs team is responsible for designing, developing and launching global programs that leverage the extraordinary reach of Facebook to promote social, economic, and cultural impact.
We are looking for candidates who can build partnerships with strategic constituents and deliver high impact programs across the Europe, Middle East & Africa region. You should have a clear understanding of the policy challenges Facebook faces and ambitious and creative ideas about how to address them. You must have the ability to rally colleagues from across the company to scale, run & measure programs and investments. You should be highly organised and impact orientated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
This position is full time and based at our London Office.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze policy issues affecting Facebook in key markets across the EMEA region and identify proactive strategies
- Work in partnership with local Public Policy team on the strategy for building relationships with policy makers, civil society and academics
- Work with political bodies, policymakers and non-governmental organizations on technology policy issues
- Build & manage meaningful partnerships with key organizations across the region
- Represent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders
- Collaborate and ensure consistency in approach to Facebook's policy issues across the region
- Coordinate internal and external players across countries and time zones, keeping all informed of progress and deadlines
- Experience working with political systems and institutions as well as policy, politics and communications
- Experience with analytical and creative approach to policy issues, as well as cross functional team player
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
- Interest in technology and related policy issues
- Willingness to travel
- Passion for Facebook and its mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in English required, additional languages a plus
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Gym Benefits
- Transport benefits
- Laundry Benefit
- Posted: April 24 2018
- Closing date: May 23 2018
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top