Policy Programs Manager, Berlin
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a superb Policy Programs Manager to build partnerships and drive initiatives that demonstrate the value of Facebook's platform to advance economic growth and social good. As part of Facebook's Global Public Policy organization, the Programs team is responsible for designing, developing and launching global programs that leverage the extraordinary reach of Facebook to promote social, economic, and cultural impact.
We are looking for candidates who can build partnerships with strategic constituents and deliver high impact programmes in Germany. You should have a clear understanding of the policy challenges Facebook is facing and ambitious and creative ideas about how to solve these. You must have the ability to rally colleagues from across the company to scale, run & measure programmes and investments. You should be highly organised and impact orientated and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
This position is full time and based in our Berlin office.
- Identify and analyze policy issues affecting Facebook in Germany and build impactful, proactive strategies
- Work directly with the regional head and Germany Policy team to execute programs that also provide cross-functional value to teams across the company
- Work in partnership with local Public Policy team on the strategy for building relationships with policy makers, civil society and academics
- Work with political bodies, policymakers and non-governmental organizations on defining and deploying proactive approaches to develop innovation policy friendly environment
- Build, manage & maintain meaningful relationships with key organisations in Germany
- Represent Facebook in meetings with key stakeholders
- Collaborate and ensure consistency in approach to Facebook's policy initiatives in Germany
- Coordinate internal and external players across countries and time zones, keeping all informed of progress and deadlines
- Build creative partnerships with key opinion leaders, small business organizations and advocacy groups to engage them in our collective efforts to support local communities
- Work with the marketing & communication teams to manage the creation of communications, educational and marketing materials to support the program
- Experience working with German political systems and institutions or policy, politics, communications and marketing
- Experience with analytical and creative approach to policy issues, as well as cross functional team player
- Ability to drive and manage multiple projects and campaigns simultaneously and smoothly
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively while owning from ideation to execution
- Interest in technology and related policy issues
- Willingness to travel
- Passion for Facebook and its mission to make the world more open and connected
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in English & German required, additional languages a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top