Policy Programs Manager, APAC
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.Facebook is seeking a Program Manager to support the Policy Programs team’s APAC portfolio, which focuses primarily on economic growth initiatives, in addition to disaster preparedness, women’s economic empowerment and online safety. As part of Facebook’s Global Public Policy organization, the Programs team is responsible for demonstrating the value of our platform to people across our major markets. This includes programs across a range of content and product areas such as Social Good, Content Policies, Small Business, Privacy and Security. We are looking for a candidate who can come up with strategic, creative ways to address challenging issues, has great interpersonal and collaboration skills and possess exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple fast-moving projects simultaneously. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join our growing global public policy team and work on dynamic programs in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This position is full time and based at our regional headquarters in Singapore.
- Manage selected current program partnerships and relationships with external stakeholders
- Undertake research for new programs, including topics, identification of partners, budget planning and logistics
- Support the Regional Public Policy team on various program initiatives
- Support the creation of communications, educational and marketing materials
- Drive ideation, creation and production of events, program elements and collateral materials across a range of subject areas and for different APAC markets
- Identify strategic opportunities for external presentations to influencer audiences
- Assist in organizing events, including trainings and outreach
- 10+ years of experience in communications, marketing or programs in Asia Pacific
- Bachelor Degree in policy, communications, international relations, marketing or related field
- Experience with project management and attention to detail
- Experience with global policy issues, politics and government
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build successful relationships based on collaboration
- Experience prioritizing high-priority projects simultaneously
- Experience working with all levels of seniority, both internally and externally
- Business level proficiency in one of the APAC regional languages added advantage
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top