Policy Programs Manager
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As part of Facebook's Global Public Policy organization, the Programs team is responsible for designing, developing and launching global programs that leverage the extraordinary reach of Facebook to promote positive economic and social impact, and that help to proactively mitigate the biggest issues of the day.
Facebook is looking for a Policy Programs Manager to lead complex cross-functional projects covering a range of issues but primarily focused on economic impact. This person will provide varying levels of support to country teams, coordinate efforts across our global programs and build greater awareness with policymakers and the public about our work. They will be expected to define and deliver measurable impact each quarter.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can function in a fast-moving environment, and rapidly earn credibility and trust with all levels of the organization. They are adept at understanding complex policy and reputation challenges and passionate about the mission of Facebook. They are an expert communicator who is a true diplomat, deftly managing relationships both inside and outside of the company.
- Lead all project management aspects and the successful execution of complex, cross-functional efforts
- Build alignment among key project stakeholders and escalate decisions as required
- Spot and creatively solve complex, cross-functional operational issues, often unique to each project
- Set goals and metrics for each project, tracking progress each quarter
- Assemble and mobilize often large teams to execute on project objectives
- Continually refine best practices for cross-functional program management consistent with Facebook culture
- Open to domestic and international travel
- Willingness to travel
- 5+ years of work experience in field of public policy programs or political communications
- Experience working on political campaigns, in management consulting or similar strategic program management role for a tech or consumer company
- Experience with analytical approach to policy issues
- BA/BS degree in policy, international relations, marketing or related field
- Professional and mature demeanor, able to interact effectively with all levels, both internally and externally
- Experience in social media, software, Internet or digital media industries
- Experience working in and influencing cross-functional teams
- Deep interest in technology and related policy issues
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top