Policy Manager, India and SA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a Policy Manager for our India and South Asia to lead strategy and policy solutions in the region. The position will focus for the most part on India but will also cover financial inclusion issues in the SA region The ideal candidate will have expertise in payments/financial services policy and regulatory issues, have experience working on technology policy issues, and have deep knowledge of the regional ecosystem. They should also be able to suggest policy solutions/strategy in this evolving space as well as have strong relationships on the external eco-system.
This role is full-time and will be based in Mumbai, India and will report to the Public Policy Director for India and South Asia.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze payments and financial services policy issues affecting Facebook at the regional, country, and local levels in India and South Asia
- Advise Facebook business, product, and regional policy teams on policy matters as inputs to the development of our policy strategy and products
- Build a robust engagement model and represent Facebook in meetings with institutions such as Reserve Bank of India, NPCI or any other regulatory and financial institutions supporting Facebook's cross functional teams
- Communicate Facebook's positions in public presentations with regards to its payments policy & the benefit of our emerging technologies to the local economy & the country.
- Bachelor degree in Public Policy, Law, Economics, or related field required
- 8+ years of public policy experience in India, preferably in financial services industry
- Knowledge of the consumer payments and financial services industry
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and cross-functional management skills
- Excellent project management ability, capable of leading multiple time-sensitive cross-functional projects
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English
- Advanced degree in Public Policy, Law, Economics, or related field preferred
- Experience in technology related policy issues and digital taxation matters
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top