Policy Communications Manager, Content
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a Policy Communications Manager to support a wide range of initiatives and programs for the Policy Communications team in Menlo Park. This role will provide support for a wide variety of policy and communications issues, working cross-functionally across teams at Facebook on issues including content and copyright. A key part of the role will be fielding media requests, determining how best to respond, writing statements and responses, and providing background information to help reporters understand Facebook's policies and features.
- Lead communications activities on some of Facebook's most important product policy issues, including content and copyright
- Manage in-bound press inquiries on a range of issues
- Develop and pitch stories
- Prepare messaging and other external materials such as blog posts and videos
- Support product launches, policy advocacy, and other announcements
- Work with our global policy, legal, product, partnership, and operations teams to build, understand and communicate corporate and product policies that support and protect our reputation
- Create sustainable programs that help educate the press, policy makers and other groups on how Facebook works
- Develop proactive PR campaigns to educate new and existing users on issues related to sensitive content and safety
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts or social sciences
- 4+ years of communications or related experience
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Experience in public policy, public affairs, crisis communications or issues management
- Experience distilling complex policy or technology concepts into plain language
- Strong media relationships with a diverse range of reporters and bloggers
- Experience managing diverse cross-functional stakeholder relations in fast-paced and ambiguous environments
- Experience developing outreach programs
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top