Policy Communications Manager, Brussels Focus
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a Policy Communications Manager to help drive strategic communications for Facebook focusing on Brussels. The successful candidate will drive reactive and proactive communications around issues affecting the Internet sector such as privacy, security, telecommunications and content. The successful candidate will not only have the skills and experience to execute effective communications but also be able to build substantive programs.
Candidates should have an excellent understanding of the Brussels policy environment and be excellent writers. We are looking for someone with strong experience in developing and executing high-profile reactive and proactive communications strategies in technology or other fast moving sectors, as well as managing press relations and handling corporate or political issues. This position is full–time and is located in Facebook's London office. Regular travel to Brussels will be required.
- Drive proactive and reactive communications efforts around global, European and regional policy issues from strategy, to messaging to execution
- Work closely with teams across the company
- Drive positive coverage that reaches influencers important to the company
- Work closely with executive spokespeople
- Manage our PR agency
- Proven professional experience in political, technology communications or a related sector (agency experience an advantage)
- Minimum bachelors degree or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - to be able to translate between the specialist languages of technology and politics
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, high-growth, international environment
- Interest, experience and knowledge of Brussels, institutions and stakeholders
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully
- Detailed knowledge of EU regulatory and legislative processes as well as the Brussels and wider EU media
- Fluent English essential - additional languages a distinct advantage (in particular: French, German, Spanish)
- A passionate belief in the social benefits of the Internet and Facebook in particular
- All applications should be submitted in English
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top