Policy Communications Manager, AI
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Policy Communications leader to join the Technology communications team. This person will be a strategic member of the team that's responsible for leading external and internal communications for all of Facebook's AI related initiatives. A passion for advanced technologies and the ability to move fast in fluid situations is key.
In this role, you will lead policy communications, focusing on a variety of topics including privacy, security, content, and consumer health & safety.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of AI, excel at working under tight deadlines, and have experience collaborating closely with a wide range of executives. Candidates must demonstrate a strong bias for action and have experience managing complex communications in a highly visible industry.
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.
- Lead all policy communications for AI, managing a wide variety of initiatives, including privacy and security communications.
- Create sustainable programs that help educate the press, policy makers and other groups on our AI products and vision.
- Draft messaging and press responses, manage in-bound press inquiries on a range of issues.
- Interface and consult regularly with cross-functional teams including policy, legal, product, and engineering across Facebook.
- Forge deep relationships with the media and build creative partnerships with public and private organizations.
- Develop and pitch stories, prepare messaging and blog posts, support product launches.
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Political Science, Communications or related field
- 7+ years of work experience in policy communications or related field
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top