Policy Communications Manager
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a Policy Communications Manager to support a wide range of initiatives and programs, including the Boost Your Business program, for the Policy Communications team in Washington, DC. This role will provide cross-functional support for a wide variety of public policy communications issues. A key part of the role will be handling and responding to media requests, writing statements and responses, and providing background information to help reporters understand Facebook’s policies, features, and positions on public policy issues.
- Develop interesting story ideas around Boost Your Business program to help educate the press, policy makers and other outside groups on our small business offerings
- Work with our policy, small business, and partnership teams to build, understand and communicate corporate and product policies that support and protect our reputation.
- Build creative partnerships with public and private organizations.
- Develop proactive PR campaigns to educate the media about Facebook’s position on public policy issues
- Lead communications activities on some of Facebook’s most important policy issues
- Manage in-bound press inquiries on a range of issues
- Develop and pitch stories
- Prepare messaging and other external materials such as blog posts and videos
- Support product launches, policy advocacy, and other announcements
- 8+ years of experience managing press and stakeholder relations in a public policy, issues management or public affairs
- Experience writing messaging materials, and working with cross-functional groups
- Experience in working relationships with different press and bloggers
- Experience managing issues and driving crisis communications in fast paced and ambiguous environments
- Experience building outreach programs and managing stakeholder relations at a national or international level
- Experience and relationships with reporters in local media markets across the country
- Spanish speaking
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top