Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an analytical thinker with expertise on global security and political violence to join our Policy team.
As a Policy Associate, you will work with a talented and experienced team of subject matter experts driving product policy globally for the Facebook family of applications. You will have particular responsibility for understanding violent and extremist movements and will use that knowledge to coordinate policy work with a range of stakeholders. This will include analysing the organisations themselves, working on counter-extremism efforts, and helping coordinate collaborative efforts. Specialised, direct knowledge in the ways that violent extremist groups utilise social media is required.
Successful candidates will demonstrate expertise on security challenges and have the initiative and problem-solving skills to work collaboratively across teams to help define and implement policy. The right candidate will be committed to countering hate-based radicalisation and violence online and be passionate about the positive power of social media.
This is a full-time role located in London but will entail travel up to 30% of the time across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Conceive and drive policy and product concepts to make Facebook inhospitable for violent groups
- Drive identification of terrorist groups globally and investigate how they manifest online
- Coordinate programs with a variety of stakeholders
- Collaborate with engineering and operational teams to support public and internal-facing tools
- Craft and implement content policies for the Facebook family of products
- Represent Facebook to a wide range of audiences globally
- Contribute product and programmatic ideas to shape Facebook's efforts to promote constructive speech
- Bachelors degree in public policy, law, political science or related field required
- JD, or MA
- Experience of working in legislation, litigation or policy development and implementation, preferably with an emphasis on technology
- Experience in project management
- Experience in public speaking
- Experience analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data
- Working knowledge and/or fluency in other languages is an advantage
- Experience of working cross-functionally and on projects with multiple stakeholders Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Gym Benefits
- Transport benefits
- Laundry Benefit
- Posted: 10th May 2018
- Closing date: 7th June 2018
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top