Platform Systems Software Engineer – Portal
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world.
Facebook Portal team is seeking a Software Engineer to design, develop and implement platform software for Portal devices. This person will be an integral member of the team, responsible for embedded software design and optimization. This person will also be involved in developing a solid platform while working on variety of domains to enable new experiences for the Portal family of products.
- Design, develop and test kernel and connectivity sub-systems and device drivers.
- Support end-to-end product development - including prototyping, board bring ups and manufacturing.
- Work closely with the System Engineering, Hardware, and QA teams in addition to our manufacturing partners.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the Software team.
- Participate in reviews of block diagrams and schematics with the Hardware team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in kernel and/or connectivity (WiFi, BT, HDMI) development for consumer electronics products. Contribute to code bases written in C, C++, Java, Python for Android, and automated testing.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux kernel on ARM.
- Knowledge of Android Frameworks and Applications.
- Experience with WiFi subsystems.
- Experience in Bluetooth subsystems.
- Experience with device Power management & optimization.
Back to top