PhD Student, CIFRE
- Paris, France
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking PhD Students through CIFRE contracts to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR) in Paris. We are committed to advancing the field of artificial intelligence by making fundamental advances in scientific methods and technologies to help interact with and understand our world. We are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as deep learning, computer vision, audio and speech processing, natural language processing, machine learning, reinforcement learning, computational statistics, computational cognitive (neuro)science, and applied mathematics.CIFRE positions (Industrial Agreements for Training through Research) are 3-year fixed term for PhD students in France who will work in collaboration with a public research lab. Facebook partners with the Ministry for Higher Education and Research and the National Association for Research and Technology (ANRT) to implement the program for individual students. CIFRE positions will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early in their search for PhD programs. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a PhD in one of the areas listed above. To learn more about our research, visit: https://research.fb.com/category/facebook-ai-research-fair.
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent systems.
- Perform research that improves computational understanding and representing of data.
- Devise data-driven models of human behavior.
- Influence progress of relevant research communities by producing publications.
- Collaborate and increase productivity on existing research projects.
- Knowledge in Machine Learning.
- Knowledge in a programming language.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorisation during employment.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods.
- Research and software engineer experience demonstrated via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or open-source contributions.
- Knowledge in Python, Lua, C++, C, C# and/or Java.
Back to top