PhD Recruiting, Technical Sourcer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We have a world-class team of PhD Recruiters working together to help drive our research ambitions and scale to the next level. We're seeking a dynamic, curious and highly motivated Technical Sourcer to join in this mission. As a Technical Sourcer, you will work closely with Recruiters and Researchers to develop, drive and execute on staffing strategies for Facebook's systems and infrastructure engineering groups. We conceive practical and creative ways to surface leading PhD talent, and we invest a lot of time activating passive candidates through a highly engaged approach. We're passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience, and that starts with the first interaction.
- Work closely with Recruiters and Engineers to deeply understand technical requirements of the role, the function, and how it fits into the organization
- Strategize different ways to build PhD talent pipelines and execute on referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Map the PhD talent space through tactical research, the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact local pipeline areas
- Embody the company culture: Be Bold, Move Fast and Focus on Impact
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years technical sourcing experience
- Experience communicating to our technology/industry
- Research/sourcing experience with experience diving into searches for candidate profiles
- Tech and industry knowledge with experience understanding tech skills, research conferences, academic labs, and communities
- Experience screening CVs to identify fit
- Experience with a developed candidate engagement approach with experience activating passive candidates
- Interpersonal experience
- Experience with recruiting PhDs and researchers
- Flexibility and willingness to thrive in a nimble work environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top