PhD Recruiting, Technical Sourcer
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
PhD and research recruiting is a core strategic driver of Facebook’s success. We have a world-class team working together to help drive our ambitions and scale to the next level. We’re seeking a dynamic, curious and highly motivated technical sourcer to join in this mission. As a technical sourcer, you will work closely with recruiters and researchers to develop, drive and execute on staffing strategies for Facebook’s research groups with a particular focus on Oculus Research. We conceive practical and creative ways to surface leading PhD talent, and we invest a lot of time activating passive candidates through a highly engaged approach. We’re passionate about delivering an awesome candidate experience, and that starts with the first interaction. This role is located in Redmond, WA.
- Work closely with recruiters and researchers to deeply understand technical requirements of the role, the function and how it fits into the organization
- Strategize different ways to build PhD talent pipelines and execute on referral generation, events and sourcing campaigns
- Map the PhD talent space through tactical research, the use of Boolean, LinkedIn and alternative search techniques
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders
- Recommend and drive improvements that impact local pipeline areas
- Embody the company culture: Be Bold, Move Fast and Focus on Impact
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years technical sourcing experience
- 2+ years experience with talent pipeline research, including the demonstrated ability to dive deep into searches for very unique candidate profiles
- 2+ years experience recruiting software engineering talent, including the demonstrated ability to understand relevant tech skills, research conferences, academic labs, and communities
- Ability to screen CVs
- Sound candidate engagement approach with ability to activate passive candidates
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous work environment
- Experience recruiting PhD-level talent and researchers
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top