PhD Recruiting, Recruiter
(New York, NY)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an energetic recruiter to support PhD new grad and intern recruiting efforts across various engineering teams. The ideal candidate will have technical recruiting experience with PhD students in a high volume environment. We’re looking for a patient, communicative, team player that is detail oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills. This role is located in our New York, NY office.
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process for PhD new graduates and interns across several engineering teams
- Partner closely with adjacent recruiting teams to ensure smooth candidate transition and consistent candidate experience
- Collaborate with client groups and hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and goals
- Drive offer process – including extending offers, closing candidates, and generating offer letters
- Facilitate interview and hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers
- Manage and further relationships with university staff and faculty at targeted universities
- Act as a resource to PhD interns throughout their internship including on-boarding, performance evaluation, and conversion process
- Innovate on ways to build a talent pipeline from top Computer Science PhD programs
- Partner with Academic Relations team to leverage and build relationships resulting in candidate pipelines
- BA/BS degree with 2+ years of experience in recruiting
- Ability to speak to our technology/industry
- Experience partnering with managers, interviewers, and team members throughout the hiring process
- Knowledge of programming languages, web technologies, software development process and emerging technologies
- Ability to travel during recruiting cycles
- Experience recruiting for technical roles
- Experience recruiting PhD candidates
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top