People Services Center Specialist (Experience)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Global People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create People-related strategies across the business. We manage people knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Facebook remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments during their careers.The People Services Specialist, part of Facebook's Global People Operations team, will work to deliver consistently accurate data and standard processes across the entire employee lifecycle. This role will execute critical key People transactions and data, while ensuring that the data we manage is clean, in compliance and up to date. This role will work closely with internal and external partners to make sure the processes are aligned with the strategy around the employee experience. The ideal person exhibits patience, attention to detail, teamwork, motivation, and an upbeat attitude.
- Provide support to employee and internal stakeholder inquiries around benefits processes, policy, and issues.
- Manage inbound employee inquiries, identify needs, process necessary transactions in Workday, Salesforce and other systems, and escalate issues or re-assign inquiry, as required.
- Conduct outbound calls or emails for issue resolution and follow-up, if required.
- Maintain a commitment to our service level agreements (SLAs) around responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain documentation in the request tracking system (Desk.com), Workday and BenefitSolver.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to all government policies and standards (e.g. HIPAA, ERISA, IRS, DOL, Section 125, etc.)
- Monitor, review and approve/decline employee requests for change in benefits coverage.
- Support the administration of medical plans through monitoring enrollments and claims, processing third-party administrator payments, coordinating with accounting, and trust funding and advocate claims issues.
- Assist with the development and execution of communications to current and former employees regarding benefits programs, procedures, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Act as point of contact for vendors, including the coordination and transfer of data to providers, auditors, and consultants
- Regularly communicate with vendors.
- Collecting required documentation for unemployment-related inquiries.
- Execute employee Perks programs by answering employee inquiries and processing various reimbursements for "baby cash", daycare and gym/wellness programs.
- 3+ years Human Resources experience with an emphasis in benefits
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills and ability to handle sensitive matters
- Excel skills including the ability to create pivot reports, vlookups, and charts/graphs partnered with analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Attention to detail.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top