People Planning Analyst
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
At Facebook we pride ourselves on making data-informed decisions. This includes not only decisions we make about our platform, which serves over 1.8 billion people around the world, but also how we learn more about our most valuable asset – the people who work here. For instance, we use data to understand how to hire top talent, to ensure our people are engaged, and to support diversity.
Facebook is seeking a People Planning Analyst to join our People Planning team. People planning at Facebook relies heavily on skills involving analytics, consulting and project management. We use these skills to help solve many of the organization's scaling and growth challenges. For individuals possessing these skills, the focus of this role includes helping solve key business challenges in: recruitment growth, facilities growth, learning & development growth, people operations growth, and business intelligence in the talent supply/demand market. The ideal candidate for this role will have a mix of these skills, along with strong business acumen, motivation & ambition and the ability to foster positive relationships across the organization.
This is a full-time role based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data visualization, consulting, and project management to help facilitate people-related decision making that will allow Facebook's people strategy to grow with its organizational strategy
- Conduct people related forecasts and analysis via dynamic excel and R modeling to provide insight into Facebook's future growth trajectory
- Bring together Facebook-specific and economic data to help leaders understand people related growth issues
- Handle a workload that will often entail multiple analysis on competing priorities with tight deadlines
- Be a self-starter and have a 'can-do' attitude
- Explain statistical/forecasting analyses, results, and implications to technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive data
- BS or BA in a quantitative field (e.g., Finance, Economics, Math, Operations Research, Statistics, Data Science, Management Science, etc.)
- Experience in time series forecasting multivariate statistical methods such as GLM, longitudinal analysis, classification, dimension reduction, clustering, categorical analysis, etc.
- Excel modeling skills
- 2+ years' experience in a management consulting or accounting firm
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
- Proficiency with SQL and R
- Able to learn quickly and work in an ambiguous environment
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top