People Operations Partner Lead - MPK/GMS
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Global People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create People-related strategies across the business. We manage people knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Facebook remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments during their careers.The People Operations Partner Lead, part of Facebook's Global People Operations team, will work to deliver an excellent employee experience, while managing backend operations and processes. This role requires strong people management, solid organizational and analytical skills, with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail. This role will be partnering with the HR Business Partners, Employee Relations Partners, Legal, Payroll, Global Mobility and HR Technology team, to lead improvements and act as a key stakeholder across HR programs, processes, systems.
- Lead team in managing the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle (on boarding, transfers, performance cycles, leaves of absence and off boarding)
- Lead team in supportive partnerships with geographically distributed HRBPs, Employee Relations specialists, and specialty HR Operations teams (recruiting, compensation, finance, benefits, immigration, payroll, mobility, HRIS). Advocate for the employee across these teams to make their experience seamless.
- Lead global project work on the enhancement of the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle (see above), including process improvements, automation, data & insights
- Train team members on new technology and process updates.
- Provide support and leadership in issue resolution on employee data issues.
- Reporting and analytics based on organization needs and driving insights for HRBPs using existing dashboards, HRIS data, and leveraging our people data team.
- Partner with HR Technology team providing input on business process, audits, reporting, and new requirements.
- Manage the career development of direct reports, as well as help drive their cross-functional relationships.
- Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes.
- Handle sensitive employee relations issues and/or sensitive data issues requiring discretion partnering with legal, investigations, and security.
- Supporting reorganizations and other large-scale employee changes
- Conducting exit interviews with departing employees and routing their questions to the correct partners
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- Needs to understand and react quickly to changing priorities even when not all the information is available.
- 5+ years of experience in either HR, IT, Finance.
- 2+ years of people management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Ability to collaborate across the organization and have an ability to impact and influence partners to achieve results.
- Ability to work professionally with confidential information.
- Analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Project management skills and leading cross-functional teams to make an impact and deliver work on time.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) (Excel ability to create macros, pivot tables, vlookups, analytical capabilities and work books).
- Customer service, communication and cross group collaboration skills.
- Ability to influence, communicate, and present at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity at all times
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, with minimal supervision.
- Follow-through skills and ability to be the driving force behind the completion of multiple projects.
- Data analysis acumen
- Experience at a fast-paced, high growth Tech company
- Experience with Workday or HRIS system
- Experience in Shared Services and/or as an HR Generalist
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top