People Operations Manager, LATAM
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started. Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. The LATAM People Operations Manager is a management role and will be leading the LATAM people operations team responsible for our HR generalist team, Payroll, Benefit ops, Global Mobility, Learning and Development and on-boarding. These are key teams in Facebook as we scale and grow so we must evolve our processes, systems, and vendors to deliver an exceptional Facebook experience through an employee's life cycle. The People Operations team are accountable for delivering an excellent employee experience to our people, they manage key operations and processes for our employees. This role will be partnering with the HR Business Partners, Employee Relations Partners, Legal, Payroll, Global Mobility, Learning and Development and HR Technology teams, to lead improvements and be a key partner across our HR programs, data & reporting, processes, and systems teams.
- Deliver and co-create the evolving vision of People Operations as an efficiency maximizing and strategic delivery function
- Lead and manage a team of HR specialist and HR generalists responsible for managing the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle, day to day operations and HR programs for onboarding, transfers, performance cycles, employment engagement surveys, leaves of absence, off-boarding, employee relations, HRBPs, compensation and benefits, payroll and learning and development
- Oversees and drives transformation projects and change management initiatives
- Partner with business leaders and HR leadership team across Latin America to develop the People Operations roadmap, identifying grey areas and new opportunities to support the region
- Identifies opportunities for systems enhancements and influences global people operations and systems roadmap to support mid to long-term technology needs and service delivery goals
- Lead global and regional project work on the enhancement of the employee experience and processes throughout the employee lifecycle, including process improvements, automation and insights
- Define and implement processes and procedures for People Operations team and partner with global leads to build scalable and compliant processes
- Lead the team in formulating SLAs, escalation standards, and guidelines
- Proactively identify and create operational efficiencies through centralized administration, outsourcing, and globalization of processes
- Ensure the operational accuracy and effectiveness of People Operations, identifying effectiveness improvement opportunities and taking appropriate action
- Builds a metrics driven organization. Developing key operational metrics and monitor key performance metric scores
- Builds team capability around people data reporting and analytics in order to drive more insights for HRBPs and the business, using existing dashboards, metrics, and partnerships with the people data teams
- Partner with legal on union negotiations and other labor risks mitigation strategies
- Project manages reorganizations and other large-scale employee changes
- Handle sensitive employee relations issues and sensitive data issues requiring discretion while partnering with legal, investigations, and security teams.
- 8+ years experience in a People Operations environment with thorough understanding of customer service tools, systems, and processes. Able to handle critical customer situations with ease
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic thought leadership, stakeholder management, change management and collaborate effectively across the organization
- Excellent interpersonal relationship and partnership skills. Previous experience working directly with business leaders with the ability to influence change is highly desired
- Demonstrated ability in prioritizing and making tough choices amongst multiple priorities and with influencing partners to set priorities
- Ability to manage, grow, and develop individual contributors as well managers.
- Proven record of accomplishment leading and managing teams, as a manager of managers is required
- Ability to scale/grow global service teams and services through vendors.
- Strong vendor management is highly desired
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and deal with a high level of ambiguity
- Strong process and project management skills. Has demonstrated ability to lead complex global projects end to end with multiple stakeholders.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top