People Operations, Global Mobility, Specialist
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Global People Operations team strives to create and deliver a seamless and positive employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we develop efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to create People-related strategies across the business. We manage people knowledge and build project management capability across our company. Our work also ensures Facebook remains protected and compliant. We strive to ensure employees feel heard and given the resources and support they need during the most important moments during their careers.The Global Mobility Specialist, part of Facebook's Global People Operations team, will work to deliver an excellent employee experience, while managing backend operations and processes and keeping partners informed of new policies and processes. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a positive attitude, and exhibits patience, teamwork, critical thinking, and emotional intelligence. This role will be primarily responsible for data management and reporting, responding to employee concerns and driving impact by delivering a world class employee experience.
- Provide support to employee and internal stakeholder inquiries around Global Mobility processes, policy, and issues.
- Manage inbound employee inquiries, identify needs, process necessary transactions in Workday, Salesforce and other systems, and escalate issues or re-assign inquiry, as required
- Conduct outbound calls for issue resolution and follow-up
- Maintain a commitment to our service level agreements (SLAs) around responsiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Input data into various Global Mobility systems and oversee audits to verify data discrepancies between systems and ultimately, resolve data discrepancies.
- Act as a point of contact for vendors, including answering data requests, tracking of budgets, contracts, purchase orders, identifying and resolving vendor issues, overseeing the day-to-day vendor transactions.
- Develop and maintain process documentation, including the management of Global Mobility wiki pages and employee facing resources.
- Track various employee transitions such as employee travel assignments, temporary assignments and relocations
- Maintain employee files in the SpringCM document management system.
- Assist with Global Mobility events, including coordinating orientation for transferring employees.
- Run and produce various, requested reports, including ad hoc and financial reports for vendor spending.
- 2+ years People Operations / Human Resources experience
- Customer service skills
- Communication skills and ability to handle sensitive matters
- Ability to perform in fast-paced, agile environment
- Project management skills
- Capable of exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- Ability to interact with all levels of a professional organization
- Computer skill including experience with MS Office applications
- Excel skills including the ability to create pivot reports, vlookups, and charts/graphs partnered with analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in a large company and in a Global Mobility/Relocation support role.
- Experience with Workday or HRIS systems
- Previous shared services experience and/or HR Generalist experience
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top