People Communications Specialist
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Our people are a core strategic driver of Facebook’s success, and we’re striving to provide a unique, personal and world-class experience for every person working at Facebook. To bring this experience to life, we are looking for a strategic and creative People Communications Specialist. This role will be responsible for developing internal communications and change programs that enable the successful rollout of our people strategy, benefits initiatives, learning programs, diversity and operations. In collaboration with the People, Internal Communications and various teams within Facebook, the successful candidate will help to innovate the People communication strategy. The role will also create and deliver communications that improve the information flow and drive understanding and engagement related to existing and new programs.
- Maintain a global HR communication calendar and coordinate with cross-functional teams to implement consistent communications across Facebook offices and teams
- Develop, execute and manage global HR communications and campaigns, applying a consistent brand voice
- Lead Facebook’s Life@ global benefits communication strategy, including the rollout and launch of new programs and ongoing marketing campaigns in each region
- Consult with cross functional HR colleagues about their communication strategies, and provide writing and editing support
- Create change management strategies, including proactive and reactive messaging, that support key HR initiatives and program rollouts
- Passionate about Facebook’s mission to make the world more open and connected and just as passionate about supporting the people working to make this mission a reality
- Writing skills with a knack of turning complex information into relevant, engaging, timely and valuable content for both HR and employee audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify communication issues and solve problems to provide guidance and support
- Ability to work collaboratively and build cross-functional relationships
- 8+ years experience in internal communications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with HR communications
- Post-graduate or professional degrees
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top