PCBA Manufacturing Engineer
(Hong Kong – Singapore – Taipei, Taiwan)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
In this role, you will be responsible for manufacturing research and development to solve complex problems that directly impact final product quality, cost and delivery of Oculus products. You will define and implement manufacturing process best practices to the design of our products. You will be a key member of the Technical Operations team and will partner closely with Hardware Engineering, Quality, Test Engineering and our Manufacturing partners providing early and on-going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are manufacture-able from concept, to mass production and through end of life.
- Partner with EE, PD and DFx teams to identify and resolve PCBA manufacturing challenges by following best practices and principles.
- Plan, develop and implement technically complex procedures for PCBA manufacturingprocess, rework and testing (including post assembly processes such as under fill andconformal coating)
- Make recommendations for changes required in test equipment (ICT, FCT) manufacturing processes and new testing requirements
- Interface with PCB and PCBA vendors and manage technical aspects of volumemanufacturing builds including rework processes
- Drive out cost in design and PCBA manufacturing tooling as well as cost reduction insustaining activities
- Ensure Oculus partners adhere to critical process parameters and procedures,manufacturing and test processes as well as maintenance at specified quality levels.
- Drives all factory-related operational issues related to PCBA processes during pre-production builds through mass production and end of life
- Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex SMTprocedures, testing methods and failure analysis.
- Provide direction, guidance and resources to other engineering groups and factorytechnicians.
- BSME/BSEE/BSIE or equivalent (MSME, MSIE desired)
- 6+ years of SMT experience
- Added technical knowledge of ACF, Hot bar, reliability, electrical and mechanical design will be an added advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English
- Ability to communicate effectively in worldwide environment
- New product introduction and manufacturing operations experience required
- Proven track record of cost reduction, project management and engineering design
- Altium, Allegro, Valor, NX and JMP experience will be a plus
- Demonstrated capability in statistical methods of data analysis
- Moderate travel within Mainland China with some travel to Asia Pacific region and US
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top