PCB Layout Engineer
The electrical engineering team within Oculus is seeking a PCB Layout Engineer. This candidate will be working with engineers and design teams throughout the full product development life-cycle. We are looking for a self-starter and a team player who can thrive in a dynamic environment. Strong communications and organizational skill and the ability to multitask across various disciplines and tasks are a must.
As a PCB Layout Engineer, you will be work with hardware engineers and PCB/Assembly vendors to determine PCB stack-up, apply design constraints, perform component placement and signal routing and DFM. You will assist hardware engineers to perform signal integrity and power integrity analysis, and release fab and assembly package into the Oculus PLM system.
- Work with the Electrical Engineering hardware team to provide PCB board design. Layout complex multilayer printed circuit boards containing analog, digital, RF, and power components.
- Create and manage PCB documentation including fabrication and assembly packages, such as Gerber, ODB, BoM, fab and assembly drawings.
- Interface with board fabrication vendor to select proper materials and stack-up, use correct impedance and DFX rulesets.
- Work with assembly vendors to supply data and seek assembly design requirements. Resolve DFM and manufacturing related issues.
- Work with hardware engineers and document control department to release fab and assembly packages into company-wide PLM system. Author ECO's if necessary.
- Work closely with ECAD librarian on maintaining and expanding company-wide library.
- BS in EE or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of PCB design experience using Cadence tool sets.
- Experience with HDI design. Knowledge of multilayer PCB layout, fabrication and assembly techniques including blind/buried vias, and microvias.
- Experience with Rigid, Flex, and Rigid-Flex boards design and manufacturing.
- Experience in PCB layout design constraints for mixed/RF signal, signal impedance control, memory interfaces, power distribution, heat dissipation, and optimization for EMI performance.
- Knowledge of IPC, JEDEC, IEEE, and other electronic standards.
- Experience interpreting datasheets and schematics, generating netlists and constraints, and using schematic for layout and routing reference.
- Experience with PLM system such as Agile.
- Experience in cost consumer electronics design.
- Knowledge in EMC compliance, environmental safety compliance.
- 10+ years experience of PCB layout design using Cadence Allegro.
- Proven track record to design & manage all aspects of the printed board design used in high volume consumer product.
Back to top