PC SDK Engineer, Social Characters (Oculus)
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. (Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.) Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. As a PC SDK engineer focused on Oculus Social Characters, you will be building libraries, samples and systems that help bring articulated human characters into the virtual world. You will work with research, PC SDK, and engine integration teams to build and expose next generation functionality. We are driving the technology to allow computers to track humans and objects in space around you, enabling next level of gaming and collaboration; you can help make this a reality. An ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with background in character animation, graphics, and/or systems development.
- Implement inverse kinematics, pose filters, character skinning, rendering to visualize and animate human bodies and faces.
- Collaborate with research to expose and implement APIs used to build social, interactive VR experiences.
- Develop applications and 3D graphics based samples that illustrate the use of publicly exposed APIs.
- Write shaders and graphics code to visualize tracking data.
- Write and optimize system code that integrates computer vision libraries, GPU processing, sensor fusion and other tracking technologies.
- Integrate networking, avatars and platform functionality to enable social experiences.
- Help Unity and Unreal engine integration teams integrate and illustrate SDK functionality.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience developing systems, application, and graphics code in C and/or C++.
- Experience with 3D graphics and shader development, including OpenGL and/or DirectX implementation.
- Experience implementing inverse kinematics and character animation, including skinning and rigging.
- Familiarity with Kinect, Faceware or Leap Motion SDK.
- Familiarity with Havok, PhysX or computer gaming physics.
- Familiarity with Unity 3D or Unreal engine development.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top