PC SDK Engineer, Oculus
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual realityâ€™s potential to connect the world is immenseâ€"and weâ€™re just getting started. (Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body).
Oculus is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world.
As a Software Engineer on the PC Systems team, you will build the SDK that powers the next generation of Virtual Reality. You will work on all aspects of the system, from the low-level hardware/drivers, to high level engine integration. This includes in-depth cross-functional work with Oculus research and core technology teams to productize new Computer Vision, Human Interaction, and Machine Learning technologies to push Virtual Reality forward. The ideal candidate is a software engineer with a passion for brining technologies together to form SDKs that are easy to use, cross platform and operate in real time.
- Help deliver an exceptional virtual reality experience by improving performance and quality of our SDK and platform.
- Increase adoption of the Oculus platform by building great software and tools for content creators.
- Collaborate with core technology teams to expose and implement next generation APIs.
- Write and optimize system C++ code that integrates computer vision libraries, GPU processing, sensor fusion and other tracking technologies.
- 5+ years experience with C/C++ programming on low-level systems.
- 3+ years game engine architecture experience.
- Familiarity with SSE optimization.
- Familiarity with computer vision or machine learning.
- Familiarity with Unity 3D or Unreal engine development.
Back to top