Payroll Tax Accountant
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking to fill the position of Payroll Tax Accountant. The Payroll Tax Accountant is responsible for the Payroll accounting and tax responsibilities related to the company's payroll. The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with various internal and external business partners such as Accounting, Benefits, Finance, Human Resources and Legal, as well as internal and external auditors.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reconciliation of payroll balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and process journal entries, and perform various tasks related to the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes.
- Provide analysis of trends quarter-to-quarter.
- Lead research of ad-hoc accounting questions as they relate to compensation-related matters and provide recommendations to management and business partners on issues, risks, and plans for proper accounting resolution.
- Identify and drive process improvements consistent with industry best practices.
- Maintain internal and external payroll accounting compliance, providing assistance and guidance during audits.
- Responsible for managing and ensuring resolution to payroll tax notices and assessments.
- Manage quarterly and year-end payroll tax processes and project plans.
- Develop payroll tax procedures.
- Responsible for filing amended tax returns to include issuing Forms W-2c.
- Maintain current knowledge of Federal, State and Local payroll tax legislation and provide guidance to management and impacted business partners with new and changes to existing legislation.
- Responsible for submitting application documentation of new state and local identification numbers as required.
- 6+ years of Payroll/Tax/Accounting experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of federal, state, local payroll tax regulations
- MS Office skills
- Experience with Oracle General Ledger
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with ADP GL and Reporting
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top