Payments Product Data Analyst
- Dublin, Ireland
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our Risk & Payments team's purpose is to serve our global community by providing payment support, upholding our payment principles, and protecting individuals and businesses against payment abuse. We seek to lead the payments industry in trust, integrity, and support. To help us achieve this mission, we are adding a Payments Product Data Analyst in our Payment Operations team. In this role, you'll be responsible for driving data analytics, insights. and infra solutions across our many payments products. You'll be monitoring, understanding, and measuring the performance of our payments products from an operational lens.
We are looking for someone who can help set the direction for understanding and improving our payments products by working with different engineering, product, and operations teams, and by building on the strengths of those teams. Our ideal candidate is passionate about data and has a track record of bringing course-changing insights to cross-functional teams.
- Facilitate data conversations with product, engineering, and operations teams to align on shared goals
- Create a deep understanding of a complex technical environment through data and reporting
- Become an expert in Facebook's payments and support infrastructure, products, tools, systems, and data
- Lead efforts in creating quality assessment systems of complex payments products
- Report on performance metrics and work with cross-functional partners to maintain product quality
- Develop data infrastructure to connect payment product data to operational data
- Provide insights and solutions for improving the performance of payments products
- Proven experience building relationships among multiple teams
- Experience working autonomously and collaboratively
- 3+ years of experience designing, running, and presenting data analysis
- 2+ years of experience querying data (SQL or similar) or performing statistical analysis (R, Python, or similar)
- Analytically driven with experience manipulating large data sets in SQL or equivalent, and drawing actionable insights from data
- Experience explaining data analyses to cross-functional teams who are not focused on analytical work
- * Experience communicating with and influencing technical and non-technical audiences
- A Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Business or similar or equivalent professional experience
- Graduate degree or equivalent practical experience in related field
- Experience working in the payments industry, focused on how to improve payments products
- Experience delivering measurable results in risk, security, payments, operations, or business strategy
Back to top