Payments Counsel (EU)
(Dublin, Ireland - London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a talented and flexible Payments Counsel to support its growing efforts in this space. This is a full-time position and is located in our London or Dublin office. You will be advising the company on payments related initiatives in the EU and elsewhere internationally and should be knowledgeable about privacy, product and regulatory frameworks relevant to digital commerce and payment platforms. You will also advise on international payments issues in consultation with local counsel. You will regularly meet with product teams and, where necessary, financial services regulators.
- Advise broad cross-functional teams on a range of payments and e-commerce regulatory issues regarding existing and planned products, including by providing legal and regulatory feedback and advice on product features.
- Support examinations and independent audits, including by discussing product decisions and features with regulators and independent examiners.
- Interact with and manage local outside counsel to secure and provide advice regarding international expansion of payment products.
- Qualified to practice law in at least one European jurisdiction
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience, with prior in-house experience with internet or technology companies and/or relevant work at a law firm strongly preferred.
- Experience advising business teams on product issues.
- Experience with e-commerce and payments technology products, payment services regulation, anti-money laundering regulation, and e-commerce regulation.
- Experience interacting with financial services regulators and independent examiners from financial services consulting firms.
- Excellent legal judgment and strategic thinking, along with the ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Scheduling flexibility and willingness to work when necessary to advise on deadlines set by product teams.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top