Payments Compliance Data Analytics Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Payments Compliance team is a global team responsible for protecting the Facebook Payments platform and ensuring compliance with a wide range of global BSA processes, such as Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering, Know Your Customer (KYC) programs. The team is looking for a Data Analytics Manager who can lead a team to leverage data and analytics to identify opportunities to increase the efficiency of the payments compliance team. The successful candidate will manage a team focusing on driving data-informed strategies and creating the necessary infrastructure to scale our operations as well as the reporting to measure the team's top goals and KPIs. The ideal candidate is an expert in modeling techniques and methodologies and has experience training a vast array of models. They must also be able to see beyond the data to identify solutions that will raise the bar for all things payments compliance-related. Reporting to the Head of Payments Compliance, you will help Facebook Payments ensure that its compliance policies, internal controls, and systems help Facebook in its mission to "make the world more open and connected."
This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park HQ.
- Articulate the technology needs, requirements and goals of the team
- Lead and enable a high-performing team to deliver on goals by providing superb 1:1 support, mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team
- Identify processes, resources and tools that improve productivity, performance and enable deeper, more scalable solutions
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs and work closely with operational teams to ensure that their business requirements are accurately translated into functional and technical designs for execution
- Leverage data and analytics to identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations, and influence team strategy through effective communication
- Identify, define and drive new or existing team projects relating to data analytics and compliance system infrastructure to deliver scalable solutions
- Drive data roadmap from data quality to data visualization, and marshal resources from multiple functions to deliver scalable solutions
- Manage codebase, pipelines, rule logic and underlying data table architecture that supports the payments compliance operational workflows and its various third party integrations
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships across Facebook to drive our teamâ€™s success
- Manage a range of third party technical integrations including relationships with external engineering teams
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Physics, or other quantitative fields
- Hands-on experience in a data focused discipline with 5+ years of experience managing analytics professionals
- Experience using statistical analysis tools (e.g., R, MATLAB, SAS, Stata), data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, d3.js), scripting (e.g., Python, PHP) and database scripting languages (SQL, Hive, MySQL, etc.)
- People management experience
- Experience in a variety of data focused initiatives such as designing and executing experiments, building statistically grounded forecasting models, structuring assessments around data quality, and development of reporting aids for both internal and external audiences
- Knowledge with analytics techniques such as machine learning, text mining, natural language processing, decision trees, etc.
- Experience in following-through on execution and procuring necessary resources to remove roadblocks for the team
- Experience creating and delivering communications to senior leadership
- Masters in a quantitative discipline
Back to top