Payments and Commerce Partnerships Manager, Global Issuers
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced payments professional to lead relationships with global card issuers and established financial services industry leaders. The ideal candidate is passionate about online payments, technology, social media and business strategy. Payments & Commerce Partnerships at Facebook is responsible for developing and managing the relationships with companies that allow us to enable monetization of our products. We work cross-functionally with product, engineering, legal, marketing and operations teams to develop new capabilities, improve user experience, and reduce barriers that prevent people from buying what they want.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in partner management, a track record of influencing change within large organizations, and the ability to synthesize and execute against complex problems and timelines. This role requires a blend of business analytics, partner management, strategic thinking, and understanding global payment ecosystem. The position is full-time and based in Menlo Park. This role will require ~50% travel.
- Manage existing relationships with banks, financial services providers, payment & technology service providers and other companies in the payments space
- Identify new partners, or new products with existing partners and negotiate business and technical terms with these companies
- Establish meaningful relationships with key ecosystem stakeholders including C-suite of financial services entities to launch meaningful payments and commerce opportunities with Facebook.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Sales, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Marketing
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Track, analyze, influence, and communicate key metrics
- 12+ years related experience working within or managing global consumer financial services
- Strategic thinker capable of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus on important issues
- Experience working and negotiating with external business partners and vendors
- Quantitative abilities and intuition, analytical skills
- Project management ability, capable of leading multiple time-sensitive cross-functional projects
- Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with and engage the C-level of partner organizations
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time
- BA required
- Experience working in both financial and technology companies
- Experience working in both North America and international financial services
- MBA or MS Degree or equivalent experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top