(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook seeks a highly motivated, team player to serve as Patent Counsel. This position will help manage the patent portfolio activities for certain of our technology areas and report to an Associate General Counsel of Patents. You must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and work proactively with various teams across the organization including Legal, Product, and Engineering. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Manage patent portfolio and related activities for multiple product/technology areas, including invention identification and harvesting, invention disclosure meetings, portfolio mining, patent application preparation, and prosecution by outside patent counsel.
- Work with legal, product, and engineering teams to identify and protect patentable products, services, and technologies
- Understand Facebook's strategic and competitive position and think at a high level about portfolio strategy
- Train and educate product and engineering teams in intellectual property matters
- Support patent licensing, acquisition and litigation activities
- J.D. Degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least 1 state bar
- 3+ years of patent prosecution experience
- Experience with web technologies, social products/technologies/platforms and/or the mobile space
- Eligible to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office
- VR/AR experience
- In-house portfolio building/management experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top