Partnership Programs Manager, Mobile Operators and Internet.org
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Mobile Partnerships at Facebook is seeking a Partnership Programs Manager to develop and manage our growth partnership programs with mobile operators globally.In this role, you will work with our partnerships team and operator partners to deeply understand their business goals, and with our internal cross functional teams to develop, scale and manage our product-based growth partnership programs. The ideal candidate will have experience in partner and team management, a track record of influencing change within large organizations, and the ability to synthesize and execute against complex problems and timelines.You will be responsible for developing new programs, improving existing programs, capturing and driving implementation of best practices and learnings to maximize program impact for Facebook and partners. Your deep experience in operator/mobile industry combined with your analytical and business mindset will help you propose and drive implementation of new features and programs that deliver value to our partnerships. You have excellent communication skills and you are used to keeping a lot of people aligned and accountable.This full-time position sits within the Mobile Partnerships team and is based in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Lead development of growth partnership programs (e.g. Free Basics, zero-rating, marketing) that align with Facebook's goals and mobile operators' business needs.
- Participate in product development work by providing operator business subject matter expertise, proposing new features based on market opportunities, and planning new experiments with partners.
- Collaborate with data scientists to create compelling data-based partner business cases, pitches and case studies.
- Develop and secure internal resources for program management and delivery, including product and engineering work, cross-functional team engagement, partner narratives and pitches, and public case studies.
- Lead documentation and communication of product performance and learnings to make sure all partners are using the most impactful implementations and best practices.
- Lead cross functional teams in program development and execution
- Support partner engagement as the subject matter expert, including pitching new programs, setting execution plans, and presenting program performance to external stakeholders
- Manage go-to-market of new programs and experiments with global team of partnership managers, including training, partner meetings, and escalation handling.
- BS or BA in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics or related discipline.
- 10+ years of professional experience in mobile industry.
- Experience working across time zones, remote teams and cultures required.
- Experience in management consulting, product management, partnerships or comparable roles.
- Experience in managing and developing mobile products or programs through a quantitative process (e.g. program/product management for an internet company, data products for a mobile operator, or growth hacking)
- Deep knowledge of mobile business models (e.g. mobile operator or online service), go-to-market strategies, and understanding of industry business drivers.
- Strong communication skills and experience in delivering concise, effective presentations directly to top-level executives, particularly in international markets. Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint and experience in decision making with large data sets and quantitative analysis.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and cross-functional management skills with a clear focus under pressure.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top