Partnership Programs Manager, Connectivity Lab
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a highly analytical Partnership Programs Manager to support our connectivity and infrastructure partnerships with mobile operators and service providers globally.Since we launched Internet.org, Facebook Connectivity Lab’s mission has been to find ways to provide internet connectivity to the more than 4 billion people who are not yet online. The goal is to accelerate the development of a new set of technologies that can drastically change the economics of deploying internet infrastructure. We are exploring a number of different approaches to this challenge, including aircraft, satellites and terrestrial solutions. Our intention is not to build networks and then operate them ourselves, but rather to quickly advance the state of these technologies to the point that they become viable solutions for operators and other partners to deploy.In this role you will work with our Connectivity Lab and global partnership teams to develop, trial and validate our connectivity technologies together with mobile operator partners globally. You will need deep product and technical understanding in new emerging network, radio and optical technologies, and excellent communication and analytical skills to translate lab-level technologies to viable infrastructure business propositions for our partners. This full-time position sits within the Global Operator Partnerships team and is based in our Menlo Park headquarters.
- Lead commercialization of new Facebook connectivity technologies for mobile operator and service provider audiences.
- Support partner engagement as the subject matter expert and lead cross functional teams as part of field trials and broader commercial roll-outs.
- Develop product-market fit understanding for product strategy, and collaborate with product teams to shape the strategy and implementation of connectivity programs.
- Develop partner business case for trials and scaled deployment by combining partner and internal data, and comparing to alternative industry solutions.
- Identify key metrics/measures that will be used to evaluate success and validate the business impact of the programs.
- Identify overall program dependencies, risk analyses and develop mitigation strategies.
- Develop program collateral, including internal product resources, partner narratives and pitches, and public case studies.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Economics or related discipline (quantitative/technical degrees preferred).
- 5+ years of professional experience in mobile industry, preferably in wireless / network communication technologies, management consulting, product management or comparable roles.
- Experience in building and evaluating network / wireless technology deployment business cases and go-to-market strategies and exceptional business judgment and understanding of business drivers.
- Strong communication skills and experience delivering concise, effective presentations directly to top-level executives, particularly in international markets.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint and experience with SQL, large data sets and leading complex quantitative analysis.
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and cross-functional management skills with a clear focus under pressure.
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 30% of the time.
- Comfort working across time zones, remote teams and cultures required.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top