Partner Products Manager - Publishing, Media Partnerships
(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial partner products manager to help shape the development of publishing ecosystem. This is a unique opportunity to influence the product, policies and partnerships that help News publishers connect with their audiences on Facebook. This person will be the connective tissue between our Media Partnerships team and our product and policy teams across the family of Facebook apps, and will create solutions that scale. They will be the internal voice of publishing industry, helping cross-functionally synthesize and align strategic objectives with dozens of cross functional teams. This person will need to solve first of their kind challenges and create scalable solutions that can be implemented globally. The person should be a passionate advocate for the publishing industry and love working with both technical and creative stakeholders. This position is located in New York.
- Advocate for and represent the needs of media companies while balancing those needs against Facebook's objectives to help shape roadmaps with product management teams
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal constituents to help shape, define and execute the overarching strategy for publishing products
- Work with vertical teams to Identify and surface trends and areas of opportunity to further develop publishing tools and programs in the news space
- Conduct research and market analysis to outline partner requirements associated with informing partner/product fit
- Align with vertical teams to understand, prioritize and integrate opportunities, hurdles and market specific needs into the product development lifecycle
- 7+ years experience in partnerships, strategic planning, or product management in a media & technology environment
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to define, develop and lead programs in a changing environment
- Product, design and workflow understanding
- Facility for identifying concerns quickly and driving internal stakeholders to a consensus
- Knowledge of media (traditional & digital), online business models, especially focused on engagement funnels
- Communication skills
- A willingness to travel to global offices
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top