Partner Manager, Network Investments - Emerging Markets, Africa
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Connecting the world requires alternative approaches to building and deploying telecom network infrastructure. Through direct engagement with partners around the world, the Network Investments team seeks to foster the development of open, shared transport network infrastructure to bring more people online to a faster internet. If you have a passion for emerging markets, social impact and a desire to leverage working relationships with mobile operators, ISPs and other industry stakeholders to drive innovative, cutting edge tech and cost efficient network infrastructure then this is a great role for you!As a Partner Manager, you will collaborate closely work with a broad Facebook cross-functional team to engage partners in the region to identify potential bottlenecks for connectivity, and devise, structure and negotiate joint investments to expand technology and infrastructure that supports open network transport and sharing. This position is full time and is based in Johannesburg, South Africa or London, UK.
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
Date posted: 30th of September 2020
Closing date:29th of October 2020
- Support the full lifecycle of infrastructure projects from opportunity identification, business development, structuring, contract development, negotiation and execution.
- Understand, advocate and drive industry-bending shared infrastructure initiatives.
- Identify key infrastructure, regulatory and other bottlenecks and assess common requests from operator partners to drive new opportunities.
- Influencing key stakeholders including operators, towercos, fibercos and other critical ecosystem players
- Champion your projects internally at Facebook with broad partners such as Engineering, Finance, Legal, Regulatory and Policy.
- Draft presentation materials and other written documentation in support of cross-functional communications within Facebook and our external partners.
- Support the direction and expansion of the team, helping to scope future roles as the charter of the team grows.
- BA/BS or higher in an engineering field, economics / business, finance or equivalent experience
- Investment experience in one or more key infrastructure areas: terrestrial fiber, submarine, data centers, or wireless access & backhaul.
- Understanding of basic finance and investments frameworks.
- Well-rounded telecoms and business background, and experience driving infrastructure investments in Africa.
- Familiarity with regional and country level telecom infrastructure in Africa.
- Comfort with quantitative and economics analysis.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestic and international 50% or more of time.
- Experience negotiating infrastructure sharing investment models (Fiberco, co-build, submarine consortiums and / or Towerco).
- Private equity, project financing or transaction experience
- Good understanding of regulatory and policy implications of infrastructure sharing.
Back to top