Partner Engineer, Workplace
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Workplace's mission is to revolutionize the way people connect, communicate and collaborate at work, by bringing the powerful tools we have built over the last decade into the workplace. Our Partner Engineering team sits at the intersection of our Sales, Partnerships, Product, and Core Engineering organizations. As a Partner Engineer, you will work closely with ecosystem partners to help integrate third party products and services into Workplace. You will pitch Workplace to new potential clients and solving technical challenges for existing customers. You will use your deep understanding of the system and the needs of partners and clients, working with the Product and Engineering teams to improve the overall product experience. You will also drive various initiatives to scale Workplace and make it easier to adopt. For example, by developing documentation and representing Facebook at industry events and conferences. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product and business skills to make our partners successful and improve the Workplace product.
This position is full time and is based in our Menlo Park office.
- Deeply understand the Workplace system architecture and integration components
- Work closely with our strategic partners to integrate with Workplace and ensure value creation
- Represent the external developer's view on our products to help prioritize the product roadmap accordingly
- Develop tools and documentation to help scale Workplace
- Develop sample code and other materials to share with the broader Facebook developer community
- Engage with customers to understand their business objectives and demonstrate the value proposition of Workplace
- Identify key system architecture components, propose and help clients build solutions that unblock deployments
- Troubleshoot customer technical issues in real time
- Represent Facebook and its platform offerings at developer events
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer
- Communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences
- Understanding of the enterprise software space
- Experience working with cloud identity providers and collaboration tools
- Experience with security protocols (SAML, Kerberos, etc.) and enterprise user management systems (e.g. Active Directory)
- Software development skills with experience building software (Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java)
- Experience with iOS, Android or other mobile platforms
- Knowledgeable in a Unix/Linux environment
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20% of time
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top