Partner Engineer, React 360
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The React 360 PE will bring prior React focused experience to help build and ship React 360 experiences across Facebook/Oculus family of apps. The PE will be the core connection between internal teams (business development, product management, software engineering, developer operations etc.) and external AR/VR partners, vendors, and their respective technical teams. The PE will be an in-house representative on React 360 and React VR and should always be up to date on the latest developments on those projects (And AR/VR space in general). The PE will also conduct presentations and lead technical workshops as and when required. This role will be located in the Facebook Menlo Park headquarters.
- Analyze, evaluate, design, develop, integrate, debug and test React 360 applications and their various integrations across the Facebook/Oculus family of apps.
- Collaborate in a team environment across multiple cross-functional technical and non-technical teams spread across multiple locations.
- Write clean readable code, debug complex problems that span systems/projects, prioritize ruthlessly and get things done with a high level of efficiency.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar field.
- Experience with standard software development process, including shipping one or more products using standard software development toolsets such as source control and continuous integration systems.
- Experience with React/React Native development.
- Experience working independently across cross-functional teams (technical and non-technical).
- Experience with React VR/ React 360.
- Experience working with 3D environments, models and tools.
- Experience with Unity or similar game engines.
- Experience conducting technical workshops and presenting to large technical audiences.
Back to top