Partner Engineer, Platforms
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Partner Engineering is a team of Software Engineers that works closely with our strategic partners and world-class engineering and product teams to define, launch and scale new platform products at Facebook. This unique role is part of a small, partner-facing engineering team, where you will use your excellent technical and business skills to deliver platform products that drive value for our community, our partners, and Facebook.
Our Partner Engineering team sits as the intersection of our Partnerships, Product, and Core Engineering organizations, playing a critical role in the success of new platform products that we ship through a variety of activities, such as building tools for external developers and working directly with partners to create highly visible and successful use cases on top of our platforms. The team has played an instrumental role in the launch and scaling of many platform-related products here at Facebook, including Open Graph, Instagram, Internet.org, Messenger, and Instant Articles.
If you have the ambition, curiosity, and fearlessness to work on multiple key technologies alongside some of the most innovative companies around the world, you’ve found your home.
This position is based in our London office.
- Deeply understand Facebook’s platform products and their underlying implementation
- Work closely with our strategic partners to integrate with Facebook’s platform products
- Represent the external developer’s view on our products to help prioritise the product roadmap accordingly
- Develop tools and documentation to help scale Facebook’s platform products
- Develop sample code and other materials to share with the broader Facebook developer community
- Previous experience as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer is preferable
- Strong understanding of consumer products on the web, media experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Solid software development skills with experience building software developed in (at least one) Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Willingness and ability to travel ~20% of time
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of the Facebook Platform
- Experience with iOS, Android, J2ME, RIM, Symbian or other mobile platforms
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top