Partner Engineer, Payments
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Payments are a key part of our mission to build community and bring the world closer together. Our payment systems underpin over $25bn of Facebook's revenue, enabling multiple products and platforms to offer end to end transaction capabilities.We are looking for a Partner Engineer to join the newly formed Payments Partnerships team in London. The successful candidate will be the first Partner Engineer on the EMEA team, providing a unique opportunity to help define and execute Facebook's strategy for the region. Partner Engineering is a highly technical team that works with strategic partners to deeply integrate their services with Facebook. In this unique role, you will use your excellent technical and business skills to drive value for our partners and for Facebook.The ideal candidate will combine deep engineering and product skills with a passion for online payments and financial services, ensuring integrations with our strategic partners in the EMEA region are successful and drive impact.This position is full time and is based in London.
- Deeply understand Facebook payment platform architecture and underlying implementation
- Be a technical expert in payments, able to influence both internal and external teams
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with our strategic payments partners
- Develop deep integrations and custom solutions for and with our partners
- Influence the product roadmap through representation of the needs of our partner ecosystem
- Collaborate closely with our Product and Engineering teams to design and implement new product features
- Build technical resources and tools to scale onboarding of new partners
- Previous experience (5+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer
- Experience managing technical relationships with third party services or partners
- Experience building or integrating with payment services and gateways
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences at all levels
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Willingness and ability to travel ~10% of time
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top