Partner Engineer, Messaging
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Partner Engineering is a global team of Software Engineers who work closely with our strategic partners and world-class engineering and product teams to define, launch, and scale platform products at Facebook. In this unique partner-facing engineering team, you will use your excellent technical and business skills to deliver platform products that drive value for our community, our partners, and Facebook.
Our Partner Engineering team sits at the intersection of our Partnerships, Product, and Core Engineering organizations. The team plays a critical role in the success of our new platform products through a variety of activities, such as building tools for external developers and working directly with partners to create highly visible and successful use cases on top of our platforms. Our team has played an instrumental role in the launch and scaling of many platform-related products here at Facebook, including for example Internet.org and Messenger.
If you have the ambition, curiosity, and fearlessness to work on multiple key technologies alongside some of the most innovative companies around the world, you've found your home.
This position is based in our Menlo Park office.
- Implement and support technical integrations with our strategic partners realizing and optimizing the Facebook mobile user experience.
- Represent the external developer's view on our products to help prioritize the product roadmap accordingly.
- Customize Facebook products without too much fragmentation
- Handle support escalations
- Troubleshoot partner's technical issues in real-time in cooperation with their engineering and 2nd level operations teams and work with internal technical teams on resolving those issues
- Help scale programs by writing whitepapers, documentations, samples and other materials that can be used by our partners for integrating with Facebook infrastructure
- Represent Facebook and its platform offerings at developer events.
- Previous experience (3+ years) as a software engineer, technical consultant or partner/sales engineer.
- Knowledge of consumer products on the web, media experience.
- Experience building and integrating with APIs and services, and knowledge in coding and debugging.
- Communication skills including experience speaking to both technical and business audiences.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
- Software development with experience building software developed in (at least one) Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel ~20% of time (or more!)
- Fluency in English and presentation skills.
- Experience with mobile operators.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top